Thursday 2 December 2010

Ambient Light


I think the softness of the light in this photograph works to its advantage it took me quite a few shots to get the sense of ambient light through this image. I have never really looked at this window in my house before due to it having frosted glass, i thing that it works to its advantage creating a sense of mystery to what is outside as you can see i mixture of colours and shapes coming from outside. I tired to use the bannister to create some direction away from the window giving it a diagonal line for your eyes to follow draws your eyes towards the light hitting to the wall and the shape and texture the section has.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful, sad photograph that makes us stop and look. Good sense of color and soft texture. I think you are spot on in your evaluation, and the choice to have the banister in the foreground was a good one as it helps to create sections within the frame - the window, the light on the wall, and the shape to the banister are all divisions in the frame that help to structure it.

    ReplyDelete